Cauliflower chops are well worth finding a place among the “ordinary dishes” in your kitchen that you regularly prepare. And not just because of the simple preparation and the wonderful taste …
We’re always in favor of a delicious cauliflower dish, especially now that it’s season. Want a gourmet version of cheese? An alternative to mashed potatoes? A vegan soup that boosts immunity? The options are varied and delicious.
However, lately, perhaps the most popular cauliflower dish is vegan Steak. It’s very easy to prepare, and it’s so delicious that it can become your favorite way to prepare cauliflower. (And there’s no smell of “sulfur” that occurs when we prepare cauliflower).
This vegetable is a great way to cook roast, and we can simply serve it or decorate it in a variety of interesting ways. This dish is great as a vegan or vegetarian main course. Think of it as a base for a variety of delicious toppings, such as tomatoes. Or, something more exotic: pomegranate seeds with tahini and fresh cut primrose.
We especially like this recipe because of the spice mix: ginger, garlic and turmeric. Each of these three species has anti-inflammatory properties. And of course, they add an unbearable flavor. (Tip: consider adding a little black pepper – which we will definitely do – to improve the absorption of the active ingredient in curcumin.)
Baked cauliflower steak with turmeric and spices
Servings: 6 (or more)
- 1 fresh cauliflower (700 g)
- ½ tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ tablespoons of salt
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower, but do not cut off the root of the head. Cut the head into 2 cm thick slices – or chop. You can save the outer leaves to decorate the finished dish.
- Mix the ginger, garlic, other spices and 7 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the cauliflower chops on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The parts should not overlap. Sprinkle a tablespoon of seasoned oil on top of each steak. Turn, then bury a little and turn to the other side.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. until the cauliflower softens. Check out what they look like in 8 to 10 minutes, as they may need to be turned around.
- Serve with chopped fresh parsley and plenty of lemon slices. Or with the sauce of your choice.
Try it and … What to eat – quick “wrinkle” keto pizza without crust
tbralnina / iStock via Getty