Pumpkin pie vegan is our choice for today’s dessert, and here’s why!
The American pumpkin pie is very different from the cakes we are used to in this area. Unlike the famous “pumpkin,” the American cake is made of plain skin, and the top is creamy.
This cake was made in North America, where the pumpkin itself was made. Today, the cake is traditionally a holiday dessert for the American Thanksgiving holiday. Pumpkin pies came to France first from America, then to England and the rest of Europe. Each nation changed the recipe according to the ingredients they had in the area where they lived. However, the main one has remained, and that is the pumpkin.
Here’s how to make a vegan version of this fall treat.
Pumpkin vegan cake
For 8 people (8 pieces)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Cooling time: 4 hours
One serving contains about 270 kcal
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons coconut oil
3-4 tablespoons water
425 g boiled or roasted pumpkin
1 cup coconut milk *
1 cup brown sugar **
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon cashew nuts
1/2 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons starch
sweet sour cream or cream (optional)
Try it and … Vegan vanilla cake
How to prepare
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat all the dough components, then stretch to a diameter of 30 cm and place in a round tray measuring 24 cm.
- Add the pumpkin meat, coconut milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, strawberries, grains and starch to the bowl and stir until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and distribute evenly.
- Bake for an hour.
- The environment may still seem pretty light, but it’s normal.
- Let the cake cool for 39 minutes, and place in the refrigerator. Let cool for 4 hours.
- Sour sour cream with sweet cream or cream.
* Do not replace coconut milk with other vegetable milks, as the mixture will not be thick enough
** You can replace brown sugar with coconut sugar or maple syrup (half a cup in proportion). You can also use honey.
The cake can be stored in the fridge for three to four days
lepotaizdravlje.rs bhofack2 / iStock / Getty Images Plus via Getty