Pizza is a recipe that fell with chickpeas, and we reveal the reason below.
Although this is not the case with the first ball, chickpeas and pizza fit perfectly. The reason for the increasing use of chickpeas in the diet lies in the value of food and the benefits to our health.
This legume, originally from eastern cultures, is an excellent source of protein, fiber, vitamin B6, iron and magnesium. It is also gluten-free, so it is suitable for people with allergies.
One cup of this food contains 50% of the body’s daily potassium, 2% vitamin A, 13% vitamin C, 69% iron, 55% vitamin B6 and 57% magnesium. In addition, chickpeas contain vitamin K, phosphorus, zinc, copper and manganese.
We believe we have convinced you to include this legume in your daily menu as often as possible. In addition to the classic edition – hummus, chickpeas have a great application in cooking. This time, we chose pizza.
Vegan pizza with chickpeas
1 crust of buckwheat pizza
3 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 small red onion, chopped into small slices
Wash and dry 450 g of chickpeas
1/2 cup peeled tomatoes (or tomato juice)
6 tablespoons barbecue sauce (BBQ sauce)
1 tablespoon hot ketchup
2 cups chopped vegan mozzarella
oregano to taste the basil
Try it too … Vegan lasagna
How to prepare
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place the baking paper in the baking tray.
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar and onion and let stand.
- In another bowl pour the chickpeas, pour the sauce on the grill and over the hot ketchup and mix well. Set it aside.
- Place the pizza in the oven crust and cover with olive oil.
- Then put the peeled tomatoes, then the cheese and chickpeas on the surface. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Bake for 14 to 17 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden.
- Put the onion mixed with the vinegar in the hot pizza.
- Add oregano and basil to taste.
Serve with rugula, tomato or salad as desired.
lepotaizdravlje.rs vaaseenaa / iStock / Getty Images Plus via Getty Images