Potato gratin or gratinated potatoes it will win you over with the smell that comes out of the oven while the food is in the oven. No matter the taste! This real autumn / winter dish will warm and cheer you up. Calm down, it’s time to get rid of the prejudice that potatoes are not healthy food.
Potatoes have gained a bad reputation mainly for their poor way of cooking (think fries or deep-fried potatoes in low-quality oil), but vegetables are only rich in useful foods, so there’s no reason to avoid them.
Here are the nutritional values of the medium-sized potato (peeled):
- About 110 calories
- It contains more potassium than bananas or broccoli
- It provides 35% of the daily vitamin C recommendation.
- It contains 10% of the daily requirement of vitamin B6
- It contains two grams of sugar
- No fat
- If consumed on the skin (include the habit of not peeling younger potatoes!), It is an excellent source of fiber
Let’s face it, the dinner we suggest isn’t low-calorie (mmm, butter, two types of cheese), but feel free to enjoy a moderate portion of this delicious home-cooked meal. Add a large slice of lettuce of your choice and make sure you have dinner at least two hours before bedtime.
Potato gratin recipe with herbs
- 2 kg of potatoes
- 1 larger onion head or red onion
- a little olive oil to lubricate the pan
- to sprinkle a little bread
- 100 g butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 liter of milk
- 2 teaspoons equal salt
- to taste the pepper
- 200 g to taste the next cheese (gouda, edam, cheese, cheddar …)
- 50 g with the next parmesan
- spoon of chives (fresh or dried)
- teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried)
- Turn the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Wash the potatoes and peel if necessary. Leave in the water so that it does not darken while toasting.
- Put the butter in a medium-sized pan. Melt over medium heat, then add two tablespoons of flour and nutmeg, mixing with a thread to prevent lumps from forming. Gradually pour in the milk, still mixing with the blender. Add salt and pepper. When the sauce thickens, add the grated cheese (without the parmesan, leave at the end) and the chives.
- Grease the baking tray about 23 x 40 cm and then sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Cut the potatoes into thin rings, and arrange (vertically) in a pan.
4. Cut the onion into thin rings, and insert between the potato slices.
5. Sprinkle the potatoes with the butter and cheese butter in the sauce. Take a fork and gently separate the potato rings to spread the sauce everywhere.
6. Place in the oven and cover in the oven for 45 minutes. Then open the pan and bake for another 30 minutes. The dish is ready when the potatoes are completely softened. Finally, as a “i” point, toss the hot potato with the parmesan and thyme. Nice!
Read also … After pasting the feta, the new trend of TikTok has arrived: Spaghetti from the oven!
via bhofack2 / iStock Getty