How do you spend Valentine’s Day if you’re not in love? When you give more and more importance to the holidays, only girls ask themselves this question …
In recent years, Valentine’s Day has become more and more celebrated in our country. For some, being single on this day doesn’t mean anything, but for others, it’s especially lonely. And how do you deal with the sea of hearts, gifts, roses, happy couples in love on Instagram?
How to spend Valentine’s Day?
Do experts advise you to think about what this day is like for you? It’s important to remember that it’s only one day of the year and it’s not a mirror of how much he loves you. In fact, psychologists say that this holiday is so commercialized that it puts unnecessary pressure on both couples and individuals.
Also read the “Anti love” playlist for Valentine’s Day
Keep in mind that if you don’t have a partner on Valentine’s Day, nothing terrible will happen. Focus on yourself. It doesn’t matter if you’re going out for a spa day, a movie night, or a drink with a friend. It’s important to understand that this day is by no means special and that doing something that will have a positive impact on your well-being and self-confidence.
Also read … Rituals for your well-being
If you’re still lonely and feeling unwell, here are some tips for spending this day.
Ideas for Valentine’s Day singles
- Spa day / evening – Pay for a spa or a spa evening at your home. Prepare a scented candle, a bath and a scented one and dedicate the evening to yourself.
- You don’t have to be alone on Valentine’s Day. Go out for a drink with a friend, sister or mother. Spend quality time with loved ones.
- Avoid social media that will overwhelm Instagram and love posts.
- Arrange a movie night alone or with a friend and finally watch the movie you’ve been wanting for a long time. Or organize a marathon of your favorite series.
- Give yourself a gift, go to dinner or buy yourself some trinkets.
- Start reading a new book.
- Try a new way of makeup. YouTube and TikTok are full of tutorials, so who knows, you might find new makeup approaches.
- Plan a karaoke night with friends.
- Start cleaning your home or closet in early spring.
- Organize an evening of board games and invite dear friends or family.
lepotaizdravlje.rs triocean / iStock via Getty Images