For days when you don’t have time to cook (a lot), and you really want to eat something warm, fragrant, even with melted cheese, and at the same time you don’t mind counting calories – the answer is: easy potato cheese.
Written kitchen notes: Jasmina Ubiparip
But basically, this recipe, which includes three basic foods (potatoes, a little fat and cheese), can add a boost to your health as a spice! We often forget that herbs contain very valuable nutrients: vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds … And you shouldn’t do that.
Also read … Capsule herbs – these are the spices you need to have in the kitchen
So add as many fresh green spices as possible to your easy cheese potatoes (it’s spring, now it’s all there).
Along with garlic, I have used young onions, parsley and chives, but thyme, rosemary, basil and oregano will go well together …
Easy Cheese Potatoes (Recipe)
Required (for 4 people):
- 12 small potatoes, cooked in salted water
- a piece of butter
- Finely chop 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper powder (I used hot, and you – if you want)
- freshly chopped black pepper
- finely chopped young onion and the desired fresh herbs (I used parsley and chives)
- gouda crushed cheese (desired quantity)
- Peel a squash, grate it and cook in salted water. When it softens, drain.
- Melt a cube of butter in a pan over low heat. Add garlic, red pepper and salt. Fry briefly.
- Add the potatoes and mix with a spice and fat mixture to cover on all sides. You can add black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Let fry for a few minutes, then chop the onion and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- Put the cheese on the potatoes and cover. Let fry for a few more minutes to melt the cheese.Serve with lettuce. 🥬 Enjoy!
Try it and … The sweetest potatoes au gratin with herbs
via dashtik / iStock Getty