Roast chicken is one of the classics of home cooking, but it is very easy to incorporate into the cooking routine. This recipe will hopefully inspire you. There, we use some easily available but unexpected foods that, from the usual ones, will turn your dinner into a gastronomic adventure. This is also a great tip for a holiday dinner if you want to surprise your guests with an interesting recipe!
What is the most succulent chicken prepared in this way? Burning meat in a frying pan – which allows heat treatment in hot steam – is a safe way to get juicy, soft meat.
What gives this recipe a special flavor? While the chicken is cooking, the juices are gently poured into the vegetables below, bathing in the rich flavors, plus the flavored butter that we mix with the miso paste, lemon and ginger.
Nutritional values? This type of meal is high in protein and high in fiber. Thanks
Roast chicken with miso pasta and butter
Active preparation time: 25 minutes * Total preparation time: 2 hours and 15 minutes * for 6 notes
- 2 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon miso white pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon, plus a slice of lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes, unpeeled and sliced, 2 × 2 cm
- 6 medium-sized carrots, cut into 1 × 1 cm cubes
- 12 radishes, wash and halve
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ Chopped fresh herbs such as parsley and spices
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Mix butter, miso paste, lemon zest and ginger in a small bowl.
- Place the sweet potatoes, carrots, radishes and garlic cloves in a large bowl with a refractory, earthen or crushed lid. Prepare the chicken (remove the neck, flaps and buttocks). Release the skin around the chicken breast with your fingers. Rub 1 tablespoon of extra butter under the skin. Rub a tablespoon and a half of cooked butter on the outside of the chicken. Cross the drums, then tie them to the kitchen wire. Place the chicken in an ovenproof dish over the vegetables and sprinkle evenly with a tablespoon of salt. Cover and bake for about 50 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the pan and raise the oven temperature to 200 degrees. Continue in the oven until the skin turns brown and the hot kitchen bulb in the thickest part of the meat shows a temperature of 70 degrees for another 50 or 60 minutes. Remove from oven. Leave the chicken in the oven in the pan for another 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a board and cut into pieces. Mix the vegetables, then, using a perforated spoon, transfer them to a medium-sized bowl. Mix fresh herbs, a tablespoon of salt and the rest of the butter with the dough, lemon and ginger. Squeeze a slice of lemon over the vegetables and serve.
EACH PART 525 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated), 137 mg cholesterol, 7 g fiber, 43 g protein, 34 g carbohydrates, 10 g sugar (0 g added sugar), 654 mg sodium, 3 mg iron, 101 mg calcium
What for dinner? Quick miso soup with vegetables, noodles and tofu