Keto cauliflower puree is a great choice if you want a different and richer flavor of puree, and it also suits you to reduce the amount of carbohydrates.
We bring you a pure gourmet sweet recipe. The mild flavor of the cauliflower is enriched with smoked cheese, and its fine texture is highlighted by the butter.
Note: If you are on a restrictive diet and your goal is to reduce the number of calories, know that cauliflower puree has fewer calories than potatoes. But in that case, you need to change the recipe below: use yogurt instead of butter and discard feta cheese.
And here’s how cauliflower should be on your menu more often, especially now, in the middle of the season.
What nutrients does cauliflower have?
One hundred grams of raw cauliflower contains about 75% of the body’s daily needs Vitamin C. In addition to sustaining the immune system, this nutrient is not necessary to repair the DNA of our cells, but also to produce collagen and serotonin.
Vitamin K – and consuming 100 g of raw cauliflower achieves about 20% of daily needs – it is one of the key factors for bone health – linking its deficiencies to a higher risk of fractures.
Choline (about 10% of the daily requirement of cauliflower 100 g) plays an important role in the processes of sleep, memory, learning and muscle movements.
Cauliflower provides smaller amounts of other essential nutrients such as B vitamins, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium and potassium.
Also read … baked cauliflower: A quick Keto meal
Recipe: Keto cauliflower puree with smoked cheese
- 400-500 g of cauliflower (middle head, chopped flowers with stems)
- Larger cube of malsa (40–50 g).
- 40-50 g of feta cheese
- 30 g grated smoked cheese
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh chives
- Wash the cauliflower, separate the flowers and cook in boiling water for about 15-20 minutes, until soft. Drain the cauliflower.
- Add butter, feta cheese and smoked cheese to the hot cauliflower. Add salt and pepper to taste, then stir everything with a regular stick or mixer.
- Serve with cauliflower puree sprinkled with fresh chives.
Read also … For better immunity: spicy cauliflower, carrots and stewed ginger
via bhofack2 / iStock Getty