When it comes to vegan Easter recipes, many have prejudices, but just because a meal is meat-free doesn’t necessarily mean it will be tasteless.
Although most of us can’t imagine Easter without ham and eggs, it’s common for people who don’t eat foods of animal origin. If you’re a vegan or a vegan friend is coming over for Easter lunch, you’re probably wondering what kind of meals to prepare. We are here to help you. We bring you a menu proposal, from lunch to dessert.
Easter vegan recipes
Appetizer – French vegan salad
You can also use frozen vegetables for cooking, but also fresh ones. If you have time to chop the vegetables, you will need 200 g of peas, carrots and potatoes.
In addition, prepare 2 large pickles, half an apple, 500 ml of vegan mayonnaise, salt, pepper, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons mustard and parsley.
- Cut the vegetables into cubes and cook in salted water, being careful not to overcook.
- While the vegetables are cooking, mash the apples and cucumbers.
- When the vegetables have cooled, pour them into a bowl and add the cucumbers and apples. Then season and add the parsley, then the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Mix everything well.
Serve the salad with pre-baked wholemeal bread.
Try it and … Roast cabbage steak
Main course – seitan ham
2 cups gluten-free flour
half a cup of chickpea flour
a half cup of smoked paprika
1 tablespoon basil
onion and garlic powder to taste
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon hot sauce
half a cup of soy sauce
1.5 cups boiling water
1 cube of vegetable soup
half a cup of olive oil
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl and soak in another. Then mix the wet ingredients with the water to buy them.
- Then mix the dry and wet ingredients and knead the dough. If necessary, add more gluten-free flour and oil.
- Roll out the dough and wrap it in two layers of plastic wrap. Allow 2 inches on each side to allow it to grow to six inches.
- In boiling water, pre-add a cube of soup.
- Let it cook for an hour, then turn off the heat and leave for another 15 minutes. Strain and allow to cool. Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut like ham into slices.
Serve with a seasonal salad.
Dessert – Lemon cake
To make the dough:
200 g brown sugar
125 g margarine
1 baking powder
1 vanilla sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
300 g of yeast flour
About 400 ml of oat (or other vegetable) milk
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
250 g powdered sugar
- Mix the sugar, vanilla sugar, margarine, baking powder, vinegar and lemon juice with a hand mixer.
- Add flour and mix more. When all the ingredients are well mixed, slowly add the oats until you get a thick mixture of the cake.
- Cover the pan with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- Pour the mixture and place the mold in a preheated oven at 175 ° C. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes (depending on the mold).
- Mix the ingredients for the glaze with a fork until you get a very thick dough. Spread the cake on top to cool and let it harden.
You can serve vanilla cake with vegan ice cream.
lepotaizdravlje.rsTegan Thorneycroft / iStock / Getty Images Plus via Getty Images