This weekend we decided to present a recipe for baked cabbage steak, and find out why below.
Although cabbage, in the state of pickles, is an inevitable part of the winter table, this treasure of health should not be forgotten even in spring and summer. Among other things, like any other vegetable, cabbage has the most nutrients in the fresh state.
In addition to improving digestion and metabolism, these vegetables strengthen the immune system and help the body cope with stress more easily. It also regulates oxidation and reduction processes, protects blood vessels and improves the absorption of vitamins and minerals. It also has a beneficial effect on the skin and hair.
There are a lot of recipes for dishes with really young cabbage, and we came across this one, which attracted us to the first one. And we think you will too!
Roasted cabbage steak
2 smaller young cabbage heads
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
You can add the spices you like (parsley, thyme, oregano, pepper, selenium)
Try it too … Rolls cabbage and ajvar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut the cabbage into rings and place in the baking tray where you put the baking paper.
- Cover the cabbage chops in detail and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (garlic powder, paprika and salt) and season your chops.
- Place the cabbage in a preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until the leaves turn golden brown and soften half the cabbage.
What are these chops for?
- Alone, as a main course.
- With pasta and sauce to taste.
- With quinoa, corn or chickpeas.
- Put on a tofu or other favorite coating.
Try it and … the vegan bean burger
lepotaizdravlje.rsTatiana Volgutova / iStock / Getty Images Plus via Getty Images