Mushroom soup is the perfect meal to keep you warm on cold autumn days. Also, mushrooms are one of the few plant sources of vitamin D – take advantage!
In addition to vitamin D, mushrooms are rich in vitamin C, vitamin B (riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid), selenium, copper, phosphorus, zinc, potassium, and protein.
In addition, you will enjoy their mild flavor, reminiscent of the scents of nature and the earth. And here’s how to get a particularly creamy texture …
Recipe: The most creamy mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- chopped onion leaves
- 3 chopped garlic
- About 20 mushrooms chopped into leaves
- tablespoons chopped dried mushrooms
- salt and pepper (desired quantity)
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 ml sour cream for cooking (or thick coconut milk – for herbal version of the recipe)
- a few branches of fresh thyme or primrose
- Saute the onion in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes, then add the garlic. As soon as the odor is released, add the mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms until soft, about 5 minutes, add the mushrooms, salt and pepper. Pour 1 liter of cold water, add bay leaf, reduce heat to a minimum, cover with sherpa and let the soup boil gently for about 10 minutes.
- Take out the bay leaf and stir in the soup with a blender. Pour in cooking cream or thick coconut milk, which will give the soup a creamy texture. Wait until the soup boils again.
- Serve with thyme or primrose leaves. Add croutons or slices of bread. Serve warm!
Read also … What to eat – crushed keto pizza without crust, according to the principle of “knead everything and bake”
lepotaizdravlje.rs Via Nataly Hanin / iStock Getty